Plant and equipment investments within chemical processing facilities can be risky when process requirements are not clearly defined before starting system design. Complex chemical processes can be sensitive to process variations especially where mechanical, electrical, thermal and controls interfaces are present. And chemical processes that involve hazardous materials must be designed to meet building codes, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations, and proper electrical classification.
Ramboll’s process engineering specialists have the knowledge required to achieve results in chemical production. We deliver equipment that meets quality, safety and throughput objectives to complete projects timely and cost-effectively through a suite of services that include:
- Technical process studies and evaluations
- Process Flow Diagrams (PFD) and Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID)
- Equipment sizing, specification and selection
- Review and analysis to assure compliance with OSHA’s Project Safety Management (PSM) and Risk Management Plan (RMP) standards
- Hazard and operability (HAZOP) and process safety assessments
- Calculation of heat and material balances, hydraulics and relief devices
Our experience within the chemical process industry includes facilities that produce specialty chemicals, dyes and pigments, polymers and resins, synthetic fibers, solvent extraction, adhesives, coatings, food and beverage, and pulp and paper.