Dragon Mart is the largest trading hub for Chinese products outside mainland China.
A 1.25km long shopping complex with a total built-up area of 158,000sqm in International City, Dubai, Dragon Mart is the largest wholesale Chinese market outside of mainland China.
The building consists of 7 interconnected zones spread, for the most part, across one level.
Ramboll was commissioned to review and assess the existing building and coordinate the approval process, specifically with respect to compliance with exiting, means of egress and the adequacy of the existing smoke management system design. Ramboll was also involved in assessing the adequacy of the existing smoke extraction fan size and location.
Dragon Mart was specifically reviewed with respect to:
- Limits to smoke movement
- Exiting requirements
- Door swing and door hardware
- Other dimensional requirements
- Exit and emergency lighting
- Review of existing smoke extract fan setup and drawings for smoke extraction systems
- Site review of the existing smoke extract system
- Calculation of required amount of smoke extraction
- CFD Analysis to determine required location of smoke extract fans and zoning of fans
- Review of interface between smoke extract system and fire alarm system