Amid the global COVID-19 outbreak we are navigating new challenges together, including numerous state mandates to stay home and work remotely on projects that are typically conducted onsite and in-person.
With a suite of digital collaboration tools, Ramboll is well prepared to stay connected. We have enhanced our technological capacity to allow for the increase of staff working remotely, and Ramboll has adapted its engineering and business practices to ensure project continuity for our advanced manufacturing clients.
How have we adapted?
We continue to provide the full spectrum of occupational health and safety solutions, which includes considerations for the unique issues associated with COVID-19. We’re heeding our own advice internally – if a project requires an in-person meeting, we will discuss these details with clients in advance. Ramboll adheres to CDC and WHO guidelines, as well as to our own rigorous health and safety requirements.
- Real-time information sharing is critical. Ramboll IT has taken proactive measures to strengthen our cloud-based computing environment, and our employees have the equipment and high-performance tools needed to conduct business remotely with no interruption. This includes enhanced centralized storage and improved security. We have aligned our staff with the Microsoft Teams platform in order to promote efficient, seamless file sharing, both within and outside the firm. Additionally, our project managers have full remote access to support functions, from accounting to scheduling.
- We utilize augmented reality headsets making you our eyes and ears onsite. Collecting site information remotely enables us to engineer the solutions required to keep clients’ projects moving forward. Ramboll utilizes Microsoft HoloLens 2 headsets, allowing us to see and hear what you see and hear. These portable devices are self-contained computers with Wi-Fi connectivity and heads up screen, allowing clients to move freely and wirelessly through their process while in direct contact with our engineering teams.
- Our project teams are dedicated to even more frequent outreach to clients as we all adjust to these temporary isolation measures. Our business leaders recognize the significance of the changes across our organization, and should any issue arise, it will experience rapid escalation and deployment of whatever resources needed for resolution.
- We encourage video calls (as opposed to audio-only) both internally and externally; even if a client is without video capability, our team will conduct meetings with video whenever possible.
- We remain dedicated to long-term initiatives. While many companies must focus exclusively on managing the business risks associated with our current climate, Ramboll is taking steps to ensure we’re well positioned for our country’s – and the world’s – eventual return to normalcy. If clients are thinking ahead, we’re ready to work with them on scoping, contracting and pricing new projects.
If you have any questions regarding business continuity or our response measures to COVID-19, please reach out to your client manager.